In the House - In a Heartbeat is the original name of a piece of music composed by John Murphy for 28 Days Later. The piece is used again three times in 28 Weeks Later, renamed and rewritten each time, and is considered the theme tune of the 28 Days Later franchise.
The tune was used three times throughout the film. The first time, titled Don Abandons Alice, plays when Don Harris left Alice to die in the cottage and subsequently escaped via motorboat as the sole survivor.
External Uses[edit | edit source]
- The song was covered by progressive metal band Junesong Provision.
- Series 2 Episode 2 of Mongrels.
- Strongbow Pear commercial.
- Last House on the Left (2009) - A mash-up/remix of In the House - In a Heartbeat and Adagio in D Minor.
- Kick-Ass (2010) - A remix titled Big Daddy Kills.
- 2010 Launch Trailer for Metro 2033
- 2017 E3 Trailer for Metro: Exodus
- 2017 Beta Release Trailer for Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath
- Season 6 Episode 21 of CSI Miami when Horatio is shot.
- The other world scene at the end of Matyrs (2008)
- Some parts of the 7 Days to Die main theme sound similar.
- Some parts of the Black Ops II main theme are also similar.
- Some parts of the Man of Steel theme song "Flight" sounds similar.
- For more In The House In a Heartbeat check out this playlist.